If your dresser is anything like mine, you probably have a few extra t-shirts folded up in there. Turn two into a super-comfortable DIY jersey dress with today’s tutorial!
The last DIY T Shirt Dress we made is one of my favorite pieces hanging up in my closet but a few of you guys wanted something that also covered your back. So, today’s DIY jersey dress is just that!
It’s literally just as comfortable as an old t-shirt (because it is one) but looks a lot more feminine and polished. Anytime I want to lounge around and be extra comfy, I’ll be sliding this little dress on. Don’t you just love pieces that look a little put-together but still make you feel like you could take a nap at any time? For me, that piece is a basic t-shirt dress.
What I love about projects like this is how easy they are to customize! I chose to add coordinating embellishments but you could either skip this step completely or do something else entirely. It’s your dress. You are the one who will be wearing it so it’s important that it makes you happy. That’s the entire purpose here after all right?
My supply lists are shoppable for your convenience. Just click any aff. link below to get everything you need to complete this project from Amazon.com.
- 2 old t-shirts (I stole this kind from my husband’s drawer)
- Matching Chiffon Embellishment
- Sewing Machine
How To Make A DIY Jersey Dress
- Start out by pinning your embellishment to the neckline of an old t-shirt tank.
- Sew into place.
- Take your second t-shirt and lay it flat.
- Cut the t-shirt across just below the armholes to create a small tube of fabric.
- Flip the tube of fabric inside out.
- Pin to the bottom of your embellished tank top and sew into place.
- Flip right side out and try on your new DIY Jersey Dress!
Loved The DIY? Please Share It!