I know what you’re probably thinking…. this whole Pom Pom trend has gotten a little out of hand over here. Between my Gladiator Sandal Refashion and the Pom Pom Shorts DIY, I’m getting a little obsessed. But there’s something about the bright, cheery colors that scream summer to me. Granted, I think pom pom accessories are going to be a short-lived trend, but let’s enjoy it to the max while it’s here shall we? That’s precisely why today, we’re going to give a woven purse a fun refashion with…. you guessed it….. more pom poms!
Bright, woven purses are everywhere this season but often, the pricetag can be just as impressive as the trend. To create this DIY, you’ll need to block out about 10 minutes and collect a few supplies. Here’s what I’ll be using for this project:
My supply lists are now shoppable for your convenience! Just click any aff. link below to get everything you’ll need to complete this project.
I went to the thrift store and picked up this basic purse for cheap but here are a few similiar ones for $25 or less:
- Start by laying your pom pom embellishment across your bag to get an idea how long you’ll need to cut. I like to cut mine about a centimeter too long so I have some room for error.
- Lay your E6000 glue down where you’d like your poms to be. (Tip: Use the woven lines as a guide so you know that you are applying them straight)
- Trim any excess embellishment and secure in place with a paperclip until dry.
- Repeat with other colors or styles of embellishments until you are happy with the overall look of your new bag.
- Leave overnight in a well-ventilated room before wearing.
The feeling of waking up in the morning to something new that you created is one of my favorite feelings of all. As always, let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.
Thank you SO much for reading this tutorial! If you liked it, please share it with your friends!