Today I’m excited to show you another way to make your own homemade leather earrings without a cutting machine. After all, can you really have too many leather earrings?
Handmade leather earrings are quick to make and timeless. Genuine leather is so lightweight that you can easily make a statement earring of any size. Plus, you can get creative and customize them in so many different designs!
We have made leather earrings several different ways over the last several months at CreativeFashionBlog.com. You can get the free cutting template we used for this tutorial here. What is so great about this one is that if you have leather remnants and want to cut down additional cost you can easily be creative with any piece of leather and lace you already have!
See my other DIY leather earring tutorials by clicking here.
Leather Earring Supplies:
My supply lists are now shoppable for your convenience! Just click any link below to gather everything you’ll need to make your own leather earrings without even having to leave the house. If you’re all ready, let’s get started below!
- LeatherCraft Pieces
- Fabric Scissors
- Leather Hole Punch Tool – This one is ON SALE!
- Steel Earring Hooks
- Steel Jump Rings
- Fabri-Tac Glue
- Scrap of Lace
- Mini Tassel Charms
How to Make Leather Earrings Video Tutorial:
How To Make Your Own DIY Leather Earrings
- Use the free printable template design file here as a guide to cut four small pieces of leather. Make sure to use sharp scissors or a cutting mat to get clean cuts. (Your own leather scraps, leather you bought from the craft store, or got online)
- Lay one piece of your cut leather on a scrap piece of paper to prevent overspray.
- Lightly coat with Beacon Multi-purpose Adhesive (found at the dollar store) or use Fabri-Tac Glue.
- Lay your sheet of scrap lace over your leather in a design you like. I chose to glue it on diagonally, but you can do whatever you like.
- Once the glue is tacky and holds your lace in place securely, trim the extra lace around the edges of your leather.
- Repeat steps 2-5 three more times so you have four pieces of leather with lace accents.
- Take two pieces of leather and flip one over. Place your pre-made tassels along the bottom, curved edge of your teardrop earring and glue in place with Fabri-Tac Glue.
- Then, squeeze a small amount of glue around the edge of your leather piece and place the other teardrop piece on top. This is going to sandwich the top edge of your tassels and give your earrings the same look on both sides.
- Use a leather punch to make a small hole in the top corner of your teardrop shape through all the layers of your leather.
- Slide a jump ring through the hole and attach an earring hook to finish.
- Repeat step 7-10 on your remaining two pieces of leather to complete your set.
- Wear. Love. Repeat.
I really hope you liked this quick and easy DIY leather earring tutorial. I think the lace and tassels really set this set apart from the other real leather projects we’ve made. Handmade jewelry like these cute earrings are the perfect addition to your own accessories but also make for a quick great gift during the holiday season.
Other Leather Tutorials You May Like