Have you ever found the cutest dress in a thrift store… only to realize it’s several sizes too big? That’s exactly what inspired this week’s refashion project.
This lace dress was absolutely gorgeous (and only $4.00) but drowned me when I tried it on. Since I didn’t really need another white dress, I decided to turn it into a cute little lace shirt that will be perfect for spring.
This DIY is great for the beginner and takes less than an hour to complete. If you can sew a straight line, you can make this shirt.
DIY Lace Shirt Supplies:
Don’t have a material on hand or curious to see what tools I’m using? Now you can grab everything you need to complete each DIY straight from my supply lists! Just click below on the affiliate linked materials list to checkout on Amazon.com:
How Make A Lace Shirt From An Old Dress
- First, pick a dress that you want to turn into a top.
- Lay your dress out flat onto a table.
- Use a seam ripper to remove the threads that attach the top of the dress to the skirt of the dress.
- Separate the pieces and remove any lining.
- Use a basic sewing machine to hem the bottom of your new shirt.
- Slip on your new, refashioned shirt!